BSO Ed Oxley Ride
Ride out with Ed Oxley
Suitability: Riders with a reasonable level of fitness
Ride out from Thornbridge, coffee stop, 3/4 hours, suitable for any mountain bike, reasonable level of fitness but you don't need to be a racing snake - social ride kind of thing
Ed is the owner operator of Great Rock. He has seven years experience of running guided mountain bike holidays and skills courses in the UK and abroad. He has gained a certain notoriety for his offbeat mountain bike films and has also featured in and written for several mountain bike magazines and websites. Ed has been supported by Alpkit with bikepacking gear for most of this time.
This will be a laid back and fun mountain bike ride; guided but not a skills course.
BSO Ed Oxley Ride in pictures
Mountain bike (These can be hired from Thornbridge please get in contact before the weekend to ensure we put one aside for you)
Water (1 litre minimum)
Snacks and clothing appropriate for a day long ride
Meeting times and logistics
Meet Saturday morning 8:45 am at the SofA meeting point ready to leave by 9.
Elsewhere on Alpkit
A few goodies that might help you get the most out of this course.
Pack of 3 mountain biking socks
Love Mud Trailside 16
Lightweight 16 in 1 multi-tool for your emergency trailside repairs
Drinks bottle in 750 ml or 500 ml capacity for swigging on the go
|Provided By||Ed Oxley|
|Student / Instructor Ratio||20|
|Location||Big Shakeout site|
- The School of Adventure is run by the Alpkit Foundation and all courses are with qualified instructors.
- To participate in School of Adventure activities you must have a valid Big Shakeout weekend ticket.
- Any orders for activities without a Big Shakeout weekend ticket may be cancelled and refunded.
- Course times indicate the time you will be leaving from your meeting point to returning to it.
- Your instructor will require you to sign a participation form before your activity commences. Children under 18 must get their form signed by their accompanying parent or guardian.
- For courses offsite you will have to provide your own transport.
- Courses will start without you if you are late.
- Full information
If you like it share it!