BSO Drumming Workshop
Learn the art of Afro-Brazilian percussion
Calling all kids and adults, from 6 - 60 and beyond. Help bring some South American vibes to the Big Shakeout site by joining this drumming workshop to learn the art of Afro-Brazilian percussion. Brazilian percussion is some of the most diverse on the planet drawing on hundreds of years of African heritage and worldwide influence. Its exuberance during the carnival season has spread throughout the world and workshops bring a range of people together for a common purpose.
Then after all your practice, you can showcase your drumming skills later in the day with a performance infront of the Big Shakeout Main Stage, helping to draw in the crowds and kick off the evenings live entertainment.
You can sign up on the day, but places are limited so guarantee your spot now.
Professor Adam Watkins who runs CDO Derby is one of Mestre Papa Leguas’ first students. He started training in 2001 and began teaching in 2004. He has also dedicated over 15 years to learning and teaching Afro-Brazilian percussion. Adam is one of very few teachers in the UK with the ability to teach both Capoeira and Afro-Brazilian percussion. Check out his Capoeira sessions being run too.
Meeting times and logistics
Arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before the session starts.
|Course info card||Description|
|Provided By||Capoeira Derby|
|Student / Instructor Ratio||20:2|
- The School of Adventure is run by the Alpkit Foundation and all courses are with qualified instructors.
- To participate in School of Adventure activities you must have a valid Big Shakeout weekend ticket.
- Any orders for activities without a Big Shakeout weekend ticket may be cancelled and refunded.
- Course times indicate the time you will be leaving from your meeting point to returning to it.
- Your instructor will require you to sign a participation form before your activity commences. Children under 18 must get their form signed by their accompanying parent or guardian.
- For courses offsite you will have to provide your own transport.
- Courses will start without you if you are late.
- Full information
If you like it share it!
Elsewhere on Alpkit
A few goodies that might help you get the most out of this course.