BSO Design and Make Bus
Join Netty at the Design and Make bus to learn woodcraft skills and make some handcrafted BSO souvenirs.
This session will have you chopping and whittling your way to woodcrafting prowess.
Netty will be running a Fire Making session and a Make a Mallet session.
In the Fire Making session, you will…
look at different tinders
use a knife to make a fire feather stick
start a fire with a fire steel
use a Kelly Kettle to make hot chocolate
make a leather tinder pouch to take home wood shavings and sisal
In the Make a Mallet session, you’ll be using a bow saw, hatchet, bill hook and knife to create your own handcrafted wooden mallet.
What you will get out of the day
Meet at the SofA meeting point 10 minutes before your course starts, your course takes place
Meeting times and logistics
Fire Making: Saturday 9am, 2pm / Sunday 10am
Make a Mallet: Saturday 11am, 4pm / Sunday 12pm
|Course info card||Description|
|Provided By||Netty from Shop Reddish|
|Student / Instructor Ratio||2:10|
|Location||The Design and Make Bus|
- The School of Adventure is run by the Alpkit Foundation and all courses are with qualified instructors.
- To participate in School of Adventure activities you must have a valid Big Shakeout weekend ticket.
- Any orders for activities without a Big Shakeout weekend ticket may be cancelled and refunded.
- Course times indicate the time you will be leaving from your meeting point to returning to it.
- Your instructor will require you to sign a participation form before your activity commences. Children under 18 must get their form signed by their accompanying parent or guardian.
- For courses offsite you will have to provide your own transport.
- Courses will start without you if you are late.
- Full information
If you like it share it!
Elsewhere on Alpkit
A few goodies that might help you get the most out of this course.