BSO Bushcraft Skills
Become one with the way of the woodland
The Thornbridge grounds are the ideal location to learn the basics of wilderness survival. You will cover the four key principles of survival, fire, food, shelter and water through activities such as shelter building, firelighting, food preparation, foraging and educational walks within the surrounding woodland.
What you will get out of the day
This is a 1/2 day introduction to Bushcraft skills and ideally suited to parents and children. The exact range of bushcraft skills taught will be decided on the day by the instructor depending on weather and natural materials. The course takes place on the Thornbridge site, so you are never more than 10 minutes away from facilities.
All materials will be provided however you will be outdoors in the woods all day.
Hat and gloves
Outdoor boots or shoes
If you have long hair, something to tie it back with
Meeting times and logistics
This is an onsite activity. Meet at the SofA meeting point at least 10 minutes before your course start time to meet your instructor and avoid delays. If you are late your course will start without you.
Meet at SofA meeting point, it is a short walk to the Bushcraft Skills arena.
|Course info card||Description|
|Provided By||Thornbridge Outdoors|
|Student / Instructor Ratio||20:1|
|Location||Big Shakeout site|
- The School of Adventure is run by the Alpkit Foundation and all courses are with qualified instructors.
- To participate in School of Adventure activities you must have a valid Big Shakeout weekend ticket.
- Any orders for activities without a Big Shakeout weekend ticket may be cancelled and refunded.
- Course times indicate the time you will be leaving from your meeting point to returning to it.
- Your instructor will require you to sign a participation form before your activity commences. Children under 18 must get their form signed by their accompanying parent or guardian.
- For courses offsite you will have to provide your own transport.
- Courses will start without you if you are late.
- Full information
If you like it share it!
Elsewhere on Alpkit
A few goodies that might help you get the most out of this course.
Lightweight stainless steel wire saw for cutting timber, plastic and more. An essential utility for activities such as bushcraft and camping
GuyRope Gourmet - A Camping Cookbook
Josh Sutton's guide to campsite cookery, and proof that campsite cookery can be more than just beans and pasta!
Feed Zone Portables
A modern way of thinking to design and produce food that you want to eat whilst out on an extended adventure