BSO Bat Safari with Peak Park Rangers
Guided bat walk with Peak District Ranger Pete Bush
As dusk falls, discover some of the most elusive nighttime creatures on this Bat Safari, with expert, Pete Bush. The short walk (1- 2miles) which will be on and off site, and provide an opportunity to spot and listen to the bats as they emerge from their roosts to commence their nighttime search for food. You’ll need to bring a torch, but prepare to turn it off and experience nature at night.
The walk is suitable for families but be prepared for cool temperatures and some standing around quietly in the search for bats.
Please dress warmly as you will be out in the evening.
Meeting times and logistics
Please meet at the SofA desk 15 minutes before the start of your course, the SofA team will direct you to your starting point at the Peak Park ranger stand.
|Course info card||Description|
|Provided By||Pete Bush|
|Student / Instructor Ratio||20:1|
- The School of Adventure is run by the Alpkit Foundation and all courses are with qualified instructors.
- To participate in School of Adventure activities you must have a valid Big Shakeout weekend ticket.
- Any orders for activities without a Big Shakeout weekend ticket may be cancelled and refunded.
- Course times indicate the time you will be leaving from your meeting point to returning to it.
- Your instructor will require you to sign a participation form before your activity commences. Children under 18 must get their form signed by their accompanying parent or guardian.
- For courses offsite you will have to provide your own transport.
- Courses will start without you if you are late.
- Full information
If you like it share it!
Elsewhere on Alpkit
A few goodies that might help you get the most out of this course.