BSO All Day Mountain Bike Coaching Ride
This practical course takes you out riding for the day in the Peak District with British Cycling qualified coach and Alpkiteer, Rachel Crewsmith. She will be on hand to help you hone your basic handling skills.
An enjoyable day ride that will take you on a circular Peak District mountain bike route.
This course has two main aims, give you a great day out in the Peaks and improve your riding! Instructors will identify any bad habits and areas that are holding you back, look at ways to improve your riding and flow, and help you to build fundamental skills, namely:
techniques to deal with rougher sections.
Mountain Bike (in good working order, bring a spare inner tube too!)
Helmet (also in good working order)
Dress for cycling and for the weather!
Any medication you may need
Water, lunch and snacks for the day.
Meeting times and logistics
Meet at the SofA desk 10 minutes before the start of your course, if you are late for the course it may start without you!
|Course info card||Description|
|Provided By||Rachel Crewsmith|
|Student / Instructor Ratio||8:1|
|Location||offsite- meet at the SofA desk|
- The School of Adventure is run by the Alpkit Foundation and all courses are with qualified instructors.
- To participate in School of Adventure activities you must have a valid Big Shakeout weekend ticket.
- Any orders for activities without a Big Shakeout weekend ticket may be cancelled and refunded.
- Course times indicate the time you will be leaving from your meeting point to returning to it.
- Your instructor will require you to sign a participation form before your activity commences. Children under 18 must get their form signed by their accompanying parent or guardian.
- For courses offsite you will have to provide your own transport.
- Courses will start without you if you are late.
- Full information
If you like it share it!
Elsewhere on Alpkit
A few goodies that might help you get the most out of this course.
Enduro Seat Pack
3 litre day ride saddle bag for ditching the weight in your backpack and lowering your centre of gravity for better handling on steep and technical terrain
0.75 litre minimalist top tube-mounted bikepacking bag for keeping snacks and gels handy
Love Mud Pffft
Aluminium mini-pump with reversible Presta and Schrader valve head, for fulfilling all your tyre pumping needs on the go.
- BSO Mountain Biking - An Introduction to Jumps & Drops
- BSO Mountain Biking - Core Skills Session
- BSO Mountain Biking - Girls Only Core Skills Session
- BSO Yoga Sessions
Volunteering is a great way to get involved with the Big Shakeout. As a Shaker Maker you’ll ensure guests leave the festival having experienced an unforgettable event. Click here to find out more.