Pete is a professional climber (Patagonia Ambassador, Wild Country and Five Ten Athlete), speaker, writer and director of Wideboyz.
He grew up in the Peak District just a stone’s throw away from Sheffield. Having the Gritstone edges on his doorstep for all his life, he has grasped the opportunity to embrace the outdoors, great landscapes and unique climbing that the Grit has to offer. He has taken techniques learnt from his local climbing and has now applied them to great effect all over the world, most notably in the desert areas of Utah on huge roof cracks and the Big Walls of Yosemite in California. We’re delighted to be sponsoring Pete with equipment for all his adventurous needs.
The Number Crunch:
- First ascent of Century Crack 5.14b Trad
- First ascent of Lamb of Gob 5.14b Trad
- First person to solo-free El Cap in under 24hrs
- First person to solo-free Mt Watkins in any time (done in under 24 hrs)
- Solo climbed both El Cap and Half Dome in under 24hrs