Prototype number one
Friday saw an exciting development in the factory. Having spent a few days making up patterns and models in our very fetching prototype pink fabric we decided it was time to move on to something a bit less... 1980’s. We’d got a bit of old Phud fabric stashed away and had a go at making up a prototype our the pattern. Friday definitely had it’s frustrations; there were some alterations to patterns after a befuzzlement (that’s a technical term) of a numerical nature, and I’m getting quite proficient at unpicking wonky stitching now. Things are learned by making mistakes so I can only assume I learned a lot on Friday! Jim and I pushed on to get the mat finished by end-of-play and thanks to some teamwork we got the first one done (only 25 minutes late). The mat was proudly photographed before being delivered by Kenny to James Garden and Shauna Coxsey for their trip to Font to put it through its paces. So now we know our little factory can deliver the goods, it’s nearly time to order the supplies, sharpen the scissors and crack on with mass production. We’re still a few weeks away from the new mats hitting the shelves; there are some design tweaks and construction quirks still to be ironed out, but rest assured we’re learning as fast as we can!